Retreats & Workshops
5 Benefits of Going on a Retreat
1. Stretch beyond your limits in your body – You will feel so relaxed and focused that you will work your body more deeply and at a slower yet stronger level. The classes are longer and more varied. Each day Suzy will introduce you to new ways of doing the postures and discover your body.
2. Enjoy being a complete new environment and place – It is said that a change is as good as a rest! Being away from all your usual surroundings and responsibilities is in itself refreshing. You can’t work even if you felt you need to! It is a complete getaway and you will surrender yourself to it in a short time, forgetting all about work and feeling totally reconnected to yourself.
3. Meet new people of like mind – It is so wonderful to meet new people who have much in common with you, exchanging ideas and learning new things from each other. You will come away feeling greatly inspired to develop new habits in your life. From my last Retreat in Spain, the participants who had not known each other before hand, have kept in touch and continued to support each other.
4. Feel good about investing in yourself – So often we say that we must take more time out for ourselves to recharge and do things we enjoy doing. And there never seems to be enough time allocated to do this. Once you book your retreat, you feel good about allowing yourself this special time!
5. Feel healthy and vibrant – Eating healthily, working out in yoga, meditating with ease and having time to rest and relax doing what you enjoy will be blissful.
What is the difference between a Retreat and a Workshop?
Retreats tend to be residential stays somewhere “out of the ordinary”. These can be UK based or abroad. Suzy has run a large number of retreats often, but not always, in Greece.
Workshops, on the other hand, tend to be completed in a day, in a venue close to Suzy’s base. These can be half day, full day or two-day workshops, but rarely last for a longer duration. They can be seen as a bit of a boot camp and really kickstart the growth process!